Beretta AL391 Urika Review

RWH24's review of Beretta AL391 Urika

“After adjusting the stock shims the gun points...”

Written on: 31/07/2005 by RWH24 (1 review written)

After the carrier replacement by Beretta the 12ga has not skipped a beat. It is light in recoil and with the adjustment shims fits me very well.I also have a 391 20ga that is just as reliable as the 12ga. Both have 26" barrels.

It does take some time to completely clean the gun including the gas system, but I have gotten used to it now.

General Comments
After adjusting the stock shims the gun points naturally. It is 100% reliable with the ammo I shoot. Both the 12 & 20ga are great guns. The 20ga is lighter than the 12 by over a pound so I added weight front and back so it swings and feels more like my 391 12ga. The 20ga 26" brl was a little whippy in the swing on the clays course. I shoot Skeet/5-Stand & Clays course at least once a month to every other week. Approx 2000 rounds thru each gun.

Both guns are the 391 Urika Field, wood/blue

The 12ga has the Optima Bore w/Optima Plus choke tubes. I have had these 2 guns for over 1 yr. I previously had a 391 Camo w/Mobile choke bore 12ga but traded for the Optima. My wife has a 3901 20ga. We love our Berettas