Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Review

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

whitefalcon's review of Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom

Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom

Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom - I have been using this...”

Written on: 23/07/2005 by whitefalcon (4 reviews written)

- Very excellent image quality on photos taken
- This camera has a myriad of features for the purchase price
- The battery life on this camera is outstanding
- Is possible to zoom in on photos to see how they look on the LCD on the camera
- The menu system on the camera for the most part is intuitive and easy to understand
- There are two custom buttons that the user can assign favorite functions to.
- The digital zoom on this camera is outstanding.
- This camera accepts CF and SD memory cards

- There are many compression modes for this camera and knowing which one to use can be confusing
The manual focus is very difficult to use
The lens, although it's nice, cannot be removed, there are add-on lenses that add more features for this camera.
- There is no battery indicator bar, you're not aware you're running out of battery until the battery low light flashes.

General Comments
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom - I have been using this camera for over a year. I have had some wonderful images come from it. It is eight megapixels and when I used to work in wide format I was able to print some of my images up to 36 inches wide. Those were images that were shot in Tiff mode not compressed.

For the most part I have been very happy with this camera.

It comes with a battery charger and the camera itself. What it does not have is a cover. I would recommend buying a camera bag if you purchase this camera.

The software that comes with the camera is okay. I prefer to use Photoshop to edit my pictures.

I did not have much sucess shooting in RAW mode and would recommend using Tiff mode for large format pictures and one of the Jpeg formats for others.

Compare the quality in different modes to see which suits you best.