Written on: 23/07/2005 by whitefalcon (4 reviews written)
- The layout of this magazine is very intuitive and easy to follow
- There is a good variety of pictures and articals portrayed are easy to understand and informative.
- The magazine is not flooded with advertising making it easy to keep track while reading it
- Each issue contains up to ten helpful videos
- I entered some very nice photos and never heard anything. I don't think much of what gets sent in gets published only if you live in the UK
- The magazine is a bit pricey, Each issue runs an average of $12.00 an issue
- Its not easy to subscribe to this magazine, so you have to buy the issues from the book store if you live in the US
What is one secret to being a great photographer and master manipulator of photos? If you purchase Digital Photo and go through each article and do each video you will notice a vast improvement in your photoshop skills as well as your shooting ability.
Here are some things I have learned in the past two years from Digital Photo magazine. I have learned how to add lightning to a picture. I have learned how to color correct photos, how to add fancy borders, how to master black and white photography, how to shoot at night. As you can see I have learned a lot and that is just some of what I have learned.
What is not discussed is basic design principals like asymmetrical balance, center of interest, camera megapixels compared to picture quality how much is enough?
Perhaps they will discuss this in the future. Also there is not much focus on wide format printing.
All things considered I highly recommend this magazine!
" I too have taken a number of photographic publications over the yea... " Read More
" CUSTOMER SERVICES " Read More
Written by AMERICAALONZO
" I picked up Digital Photo magazine at random being relatively new t... " Read More
" Amateur Photographer is a good all-rounder, developing ideas for ph... " Read More
Written by eldavo
" It's one of the historical photography magazines in Italy from 1898... " Read More