Tannoy DC 2000 Review

• Sound Quality

InnerSpace's review of Tannoy DC 2000

Tannoy DC 2000

“Tannoy DC 2000: From the moment I re-inserted the...”

Written on: 18/07/2005 by InnerSpace (12 reviews written)

Clarity and definition of sound.
Superb midrange and bass performance.

For the price secondhand - There are NONE.

General Comments
Tannoy DC 2000: From the moment I re-inserted the bi-wired banana plugs into the rear, these speakers impressed me again.

They are very well built and heavy with good quality gold posts at the back.

I listened to Dire Straits 'Latest Trick' and was instantly gripped by the sheer dynamic performance of these speakers. The cornet solo at the start sounded more sincere than it had before and when the alto sax came in it held a warmth that I had not heard for a long time but the sound was still tight and accurate.

Next cd up was Count Basie's 'Splanky' which really worked the speakers hard but again they performed above all my expectations.

I had to get the DC2000s down from the loft to review them as they were about to be sold but having listened to them now for the last time,

I felt unhappy with the deal, like I was selling a pair of old trusted friends.

I can only hope my D700 speakers will have the same effect on my eyes!

• Sound Quality

• Over 1 Year

Time Speakers Owned

Geoff C's Response to InnerSpace's Review

Written on: 30/07/2005

A shame you have to 'out' them!!
<br>I have heard speaker way more expensive - but never feel the need to replace mine, I only hope the D700's live up to your expectations