Qualcast Elan 32 Review

Dan H's review of Qualcast Elan 32

☆☆☆☆☆
Qualcast Elan 32

“Having had a Qualcast Concorde for around 15 years I...”

Written on: 08/07/2005 by Dan H (1 review written)

Having had a Qualcast Concorde for around 15 years I decided on another Qualcast cylinder mower - the Elan 32. This is the most useless piece of machinery I have had the misfortune to buy! It only cuts about half the grass, rips out another 25% and leaves the rest. If the grass is slightly wet, the blades bung up, meaning you have to clean up every few minutes. I'm amazed this piece of junk is still on the market.

Derekleiper's Response to Dan H's Review

Written on: 16/08/2005

I totally agree and would like to challenge Qualcast on how they can sell something not fit for purpose !

Jrussell9's Response to Dan H's Review

Written on: 08/09/2005

I have a Qualcast Elan 32 and couldn't agree more... it's a disgrace that Bosch can sell this as a lawnmower. The only good thing about it is that cost me £54 on ebay - reconditioned, I wonder why - and after a year and a half in a small garden the motor is giving up. Hooray!
<br>
<br>Apart from the fact that it doesn't cut grass well, the whole thing is so badly built that the height adjustment constantly drops, and the rear roller falls out. The on-off switch/trigger is difficult to switch on, and to achieve an even cut requires at least two passes.
<br>
<br>I'm getting a Honda next.