Maytag Neptune Washer Review

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

smac1's review of Maytag Neptune Washer

“I only use high quality detergent specifically for...”

Written on: 02/07/2005 by smac1 (1 review written)

My Maytag Neptune front load washer model #MAH5500BWW was purchased in 3/02,and has performed OK until recently.

It has always been loud in the spin cycle, there has been mould since I can remember, and it has never cleaned our clothes better than my previous machine,which I owned for 14 yrs. with NO problems.

General Comments
I only use high quality detergent specifically for "high efficiency" machines such as the Neptune. My husband noticed in the last six months that the clothes just didn't smell clean,keeping in mind that even though it says it can wash more clothes, I'm not one to overload my washer. 2 days ago the machine would start to fill with water and that's as far as it would go. It would just stop and the display shows an 'Lr'. I'm still waiting for the repairman to call and schedule an appointment.I can't believe I spent over $1200 on something that should have been maintenance free for at least a few years. My last machine cost about $400 and, did I mention, NEVER NEEDED REPAIRED??!

I try not to make the same mistake twice.

• More than 1 year

Owned Product For: