Dorothy Perkins www.dorothyperkins.co.uk Review

Belle16's review of Dorothy Perkins www.dorothyperkins.co.uk

Dorothy Perkins www.dorothyperkins.co.uk - I recently...”

Written on: 01/07/2005 by Belle16 (99 reviews written)

Fast delivery

Very bad customer service
Unhelpful website
Unhelpful staff
Slow service

General Comments
Dorothy Perkins www.dorothyperkins.co.uk - I recently ordered a top from the Dorothy Perkins website as I had previously experienced good service in their stores and assumed their website would be the same...how wrong was I!

The top arrived promptly, which I was pleased about. As the top was too big, I then set about sending it back.

Seven weeks on, I am still waiting for my refund. I received an email from the company saying that they were unable to process the refund because of a problem with my card, which was fair enough. The email enclosed a phone number, which I telephoned. Why they couldn't just phone me in the first place is beyond me as they had my phone number. It was impossible to get through to anyone as the number was constantly engaged (obviously they only have one phoneline). I have since emailed the person who orginally sent me the email, with no reply, and I cannot get through to the number. I have tried at different times of the day several times and still can't get through.

I would not recommend this site at all, in the event of a problem their customer service is non-existant; it really isn't worth all the hassle.

• Top, £25

Visit dorothyperkins.co.uk

Belle16's Response to Belle16's Review

Written on: 14/07/2005

As an update on this, I would like to add that I still have not received my refund and have taken further action against them.
<br>
<br>I received another email the other day asking me to phone them- so I did- and when I phoned, the number was for a building firm!
<br>
<br>If you want hassle free online shopping then dont choose DP, go elsewhere!!!!!

Annie2000's Response to Belle16's Review

Written on: 30/03/2006

I work for dorothy perkins and as staff we dont have anything to do with the internet site, but if you do want to return a garment, instead of sending it back, why not return the garment to your local store and get an instant refund there?

220250_Customer Service's Response to Belle16's Review

Written on: 09/12/2005

ORDERED A TOP ON NEXT DAY DELIVERY WHICH COST 4.95. THEY SENT WRONG TOP. EMAILED 6 TIMES NOT ONE RESPONSE. NEEDED TOP HENCE NEXT DAY DELIVERY RECEIVED COMPLETELY WRONG TOP AND THEY HAVE MY MONEY AND DONT RESPOND. HORRENDOUS BAD SERVICE. NO TEL NUMBER TO CALL EITHER

211089_Libz85's Response to Belle16's Review

Written on: 22/09/2005

I have used the DP web site so many times now, and everythime thay have got things wrong or cancelled my order with out telling me!
<br>
<br>I am sick of this, i find it hard to get in to the shop in town, and when i do i get told to go on line as they have more sizes etc, but never have i got the right things! I have complained so many times but i never get anything back! I will never use it again!!!

dorothyperkins.co.uk