Montego Bay, Sandals Royal Caribbean Review

Darbie's review of Montego Bay, Sandals Royal Caribbean

“Jamaica, Sandals Royal Caribbean - Hardly a day goes...”

Written on: 28/06/2005 by Darbie (1 review written)

Food
People
View

Night life
Airplane noise at Sandals Mo Bay

General Comments
Jamaica, Sandals Royal Caribbean - Hardly a day goes by that I don't think about Sandals RC, so I definitely plan to return! The staff was amazing - so friendly and helpful. The resort is on the ocean with plenty of beach for all. The private island was very cool, but not as "open" as the "clothes-optional" title would have you believe. The Thai food was VERY spicy, so beware. The daily buffets had much to offer and the beach grill was very convenient - delicious fresh fruit and Jerk chicken! The drinks were plentiful but not quite as tasty as here in America (but perhaps I didn't know what to order). I think people that claimed to have horrible experiences are either VERY picky, VERY spoiled, or just TOO uptight! Even with the weather being mostly cloudy until our last day, my boyfriend and I were happy and satisfied our entire vacation! The option to visit the other Sandals in Mo Bay was very convenient with timely shuttles. We ate dinner one night at Mo Bay Sandals (Italian). It was delicious, but the resort was not a place to relax - about every 10 min an extremely loud plane would fly over-head - stay clear of this Sandals! Royal Caribbean is the place to be in Mo Bay! The only downside was the night life on the resort. I expected a lively nightclub to dance and party, but this resort tends to call it a night early. Go off resort to party late. I hope those out there who are debating a trip to Jamaica go for it - Ya Mon!

252776_Anonymous101's Response to Darbie's Review

Written on: 22/01/2007

I've been to Sandals Royal Caribbean in Jamaica. It's brilliant, thought some of the other guests were a bit snooty. The food was good, loads of drink consumed and staff were brilliant. This was my first visit to the Caribbean where I wasn't robbed, so I enjoyed that aspect a lot. A little disappointed with my room, but on the whole, I would like to echo your sentiments in recommending this resort to holiday-makers. I have since been to Sandals in St Lucia too - brilliant again!!!

Darbie's Response to Darbie's Review

Written on: 22/01/2007

I'm so happy you enjoyed your vacation.
<br/>
<br/>Since my review, we returned to Sandals Royal. In December 2005 I got married on the resort. It was beautiful. Again, the staff were so helpful and friendly. The wedding planners in Miami had promised a few things I guess they shouldn't have, such as tropical flowers and dinner on the beach not being upgrades - but the SRC staff made sure all of my wedding dreams came true without any extra cost. The photographs they took were beautiful - and very reasonably priced. If I had to do the wedding over again - I wouldn't have changed anything. It even clouded up and sprinkled a bit just before our ceremony - but it didn't change my mood. Our only struggles the entire trip had to do with the airport and luggage. But Sandals even helped with that. On our honeymoon we explored a bit more - went to Dunns River Falls in Ocho Rios and to Nine Mile - to see Bob Marley's resting place. Such fun!
<br/>Can't wait to go back! Missing the people, the food, and the beach!