Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 Review

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

Steve Laugher's review of Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20

“I am not new to digital cameras, but when I found the

Written on: 28/06/2005 by Steve Laugher (2 reviews written)

Easy to handle, Fantastic clarity of images, Very quick shutter resonse (after focus) ease of PC connectivity to Mac, ease of manual use, manual focus and image stability is fantastic.

Impossible to access card or battery when on a tripod, The lense hood is fine but it does bulk the camera up a lot.

General Comments
I am not new to digital cameras, but when I found the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 in my local shop it was as if I had suddenly found the camera I was looking for in digital. The price was what I expect to pay, but what I got was far beyong what I expected for the price.

The Leica lense system (13 lenses in 8 groups) gives the very best clarity I have seen in a digital camera, coupled with the fast response (I take a lot of natural history stuff) which allows me to capture the actual shot I want not 1 second after the action.

It has two "choice" scene programs (choose from 7 and allocate to two for immediate call up) which is very useful for swapping between long action shots and close up stuff.

Overall, this camera is worth more than a look, if you can borrow one for a while you'll be looking for one of your own quite soon.

• Battery Life