Logun Air Rifle Silencer Review

beautgrainger147's review of Logun Air Rifle Silencer

“I bought my Logun Air Rifle Silencer when I bought my...”

Written on: 19/06/2005 by beautgrainger147 (3 reviews written)

It works... very well

arent really any, a shame I couldnt have bought one for my springer, lol

General Comments
I bought my Logun Air Rifle Silencer when I bought my pcp FX2000 a few years ago, it didn't require an adaptor so could fit straight on.

I was primarily wanting one after seeing the adverts advertising 0db at 30yds, the people in the shop (B.A.R.) seemed positive about them too.

Well you may be wanting to know if it is as good as everyone says... well in my experience it is, being quieter than every other gun I've listened to, when I was shooting at a FT club I used to listen to competitors guns during the monthly shoots, a couple were nearly borderline (I have stood next to the gun to listen while someone else fires it). The way I would describe it is by saying it's like listening to the rifle trump in a way, or like a dull thud. Against many backstops I've tried, it can be quiter than the pellet impact.

I'm really prowd.

I have heard a rumor that one of the parker hale silencers may be more effective but I'll hopefully investigate this in the future, I'll post as a comment here if I do.

From the perspective of cleaning, the end screws off and it can be dusted down, I suppose you could wash most of it if you were desperate, perhaps the damping material - though I'll have to try it next time to check. I disassemble mine every year or so to check that all is well although I dont think it's really necessary, more of a boredom exercise.

The size and weight of it don't make it the smallest silencer on the market, I've found that the length is ok and not the longest on the market, a bit longer and I might need a new bag but it's not really very heavy when compared to the rest of my gun with it's aftermarket stock. Just a shame it wont fit on the "family gun" which is an underlever with a small diameter unthreaded barrel.

As regards price, I cant really comment as I can't remember the price exactly (I bought mine secondhand), I've got a feeling it's around the £40 mark, so it costs enough but then it depends if it suits your rifle and you. I've rated the value for money at 10 because I've not in any doubt of it's ability and so haven't had to buy an alternative.

Finally I would recomend it to anyone who's gun it can be fitted to.