The Utility Warehouse www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk Review

vinnyph's review of The Utility Warehouse www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk

“I have been using Telecom Plus ( The Utility Warehouse...”

Written on: 18/06/2005 by vinnyph (1 review written)

Its the cheapest I can find for all the services I have with them. Yes, I have all of them.
All the services are simply in one place, no need to continue to shop around and move company to always get the best prices anymore.
Company has diversified into many other areas as well so can always be profitable and so cheapest.
Fully UK Owned.
Excellent Customer Service.
Been voted Fastest Growing Company in Europe
No Advertising Costs or Sales People Costs
Customers found by referral from existing customers like myself
Been Voted Best Buy many times in the press.

difficult to think of any Bad points

General Comments
I have been using Telecom Plus ( The Utility Warehouse ) for over 3 years and would whole heartedly recommend them. I have not had any problems whatsoever and have saved over £2,500 during that time.

Telecom Plus (Utility Warehouse) provides all your utilities in one place and on just one bill with just one bill payment per month. This includes Home Phone with completely free calls to friends, Home Phone Line Rental, Mobile Phone with completely free call to friends, Cheapest unlimited ADSL Broadband, Guaranteed Cheapest Gas and Cheapest Electric. It finds the lowest trade prices for all my services and passes them onto me at wholesale prices. Most services are the cheapest I can find in the UK at any one time. The prices are updated to make sure they give the best value. Because I have all my services with them I get £50 Cash Back at the end of the year on top of being the cheapest overall anyway.

It can continue to always provide the best value because there is no advertising and no sales people. This is unlike existing monopoly providers that spend millions on advertising the cost of which ends up being passed directly onto existing customers in higher prices. Instead it relies on referral from existing customers to their friends and family. Who then like myself have started using all the services and recommended it to all their friends. Because it is all in one place it is more cost effective and so the savings continue to be passed to all existing customers, not just special deals for new customers like other companies. In fact it has been doing so well using this simple method that it has been voted overall as Europe's Fastest Growing company over the past 4 years by European Business Magazine. Last Year it was voted the 3rd fastest growing company in the UK by The Independent on Sunday. It is also very profitable and so can again continue to pass on the savings. The only way you hear about it is either through the many excellent reviews in national publications like the Financial Times The Which, The Independent on Sunday etc or through existing customers who recommend to their friends.

The customer service is excellent. It is provided from the UK unlike other companies I have used before and the customer service staff are expertly trained to also provide support for all your utilities and in one place.

It is also fully UK owned as well. Most other companies are foreign owned in the utilities market even ones you would think were British.

I would seriously consider using Telecom Plus ( The Utility Warehouse ) since because of the way the company is structured it can continue to always give the best value. It is the ONLY Company in the UK or Europe for that matter that provides a fully integrated bill for all your services. I certainly would not consider going elsewhere even if a flashy advert came on TV or a Salesperson knocked on my door. Why pay more...

I would heartedly recommend having a look at their website. It is very simple to use just like the company itself.

Micim1's Response to vinnyph's Review

Written on: 12/03/2010

I found this review not helpful because... It seems SO obviously written by a Sales Rep rather than a genuine customer.

Davidbarkway's reply to Micim1's Comment

Written on: 11/01/2013

I agree with you. However, as a customer, I must endorse some of the positives listed. All my energy and telecoms on one monthly bill at very competitive prices. Plus, I have found dealing with their UK call centre a refreshing change from hanging on the phone for hours waiting to spaek with an agent in some far off land to only be cut-off as soon as they answer.
My advice is, give it a try.

Guest's Response to vinnyph's Review

Written on: 17/08/2011

well sorry micim1 but i too have used the services with this company and i think hes right. If you look at reviews about other more wellknown companies, i cant see anything positive about those. I look in Which magazine and that tells me what is hot or not and to get best energy supplier for 4 years running tells me something....it is a no-brainer...u save money..and get great services...thats enough for me...and my friend recommended it to me and she wouldnt have done that if it was not going to benefit me!! So if you havent already tried it, give it a go!!