BBC, Standard Grade Bitesize Revision: Chemistry (Standard Grade Bitesize Revision) Review

Hank's review of BBC, Standard Grade Bitesize Revision: Chemistry (Standard Grade Bitesize Revision)

“BBC, Standard Grade Bitesize Revision: Chemistry...”

Written on: 16/06/2005 by Hank (124 reviews written)

Easy to follow
Deals with the concepts
Cheap

May not cover the subject in enough scope for the more advanced students

General Comments
BBC, Standard Grade Bitesize Revision: Chemistry (Standard Grade Bitesize Revision): When it comes to Chemistry I'm at a very advanced level - BA in Computational Chemistry to be exact. However, I know it's a tough subject for kids to grasp, thats why I couldn't resist having a look at this BBC book to see what the Corporation is doing to help the youth of today.

I must admit, for a basic beginners guide, I was impressed with this book. It cuts back on the jargon, well as much as you can in science, and concentrates on making things easy to understand through fairly basic guides, instructions and diagrams.

The book looks like a good way to learn and if I were teaching the subject, I would recommend this as a good source of information for the basic chemist.