Crocus www.crocus.co.uk Review

Sc4r1ett's review of Crocus www.crocus.co.uk

“I discovered the Crocus website after browsing UK...”

Written on: 09/06/2005 by Sc4r1ett (3 reviews written)

FANTASTIC website, amazing slection, top tips and ideas, great quality products, wonderful packaging

Lack of update on order status.
Their outsourced out of hours helpline (not crocus themselves)

General Comments
I discovered the Crocus website after browsing UK Style gardens and was immediately impressed by the quality, knowledge and selection available. Prices were very reasonable too so I placed my first order for 2 x bay standards and 2 x faux lead planters - I even go a free plant as my order was over £30! - The website said delivery would be "within 1 week". I didn't receive notification of despatch so on day 7 called their help line to check the status of my order and was told rather sternly "it will be 2 weeks". I mentioned the web site assured me it would be 1 week. "well the web site is wrong" not even an apology or any concern. "Erm....this is my first order don't you care about your customers?" "we're nothing to do with Crocus we are an outsourced company"! - Charming!!

My order arrived on Day 9, lovely plants in excellent packaging. I did ask that they be droppped in the back garden if I was out (as suggested when ordering) but the parcels were on my doorstep. All in all a great site, great service, just watch delivery times (I would have not been worried if it said 2 weeks) and of course your call centre staff!!

• bay trees £60, planters £24

• Up to a week late