Fast Hosts www.fasthosts.co.uk - Pre May 2006 Review

con0013391's review of Fast Hosts www.fasthosts.co.uk - Pre May 2006

☆☆☆☆☆

“Our site has been down for a week FastHosts...”

Written on: 02/06/2005 by con0013391 (1 review written)

- If you wait long enough you can speak to someone.

- No Customer care.
- Stupid account set up.

General Comments
Our site has been down for a week FastHosts (www.fasthosts.co.uk) and they say it will be days until they will renew the domain after it expired.

I am the official contacts but because we don't have the username and password for the UK Reg account it is in, they will not renew the domain.

I want to give them money for crying out loud!

Never use this company!

Lesleydoogan's Response to con0013391's Review

Written on: 22/10/2005

To be fair to Fasthosts this is totally your own fault. I don't see how you can blame them for your site being down for the reason that you have given but I agree with you about their customer service - it's really poor, and it's something that you don't realise until you need to ask a question or sort something out.

Lesleydoogan's Response to con0013391's Review

Written on: 26/10/2005

No, sorry, but I am confident that it must be something that you've done. I used to have a reseller account with Fasthosts and had about 20 websites on the go and I've never had any trouble with the domain names. I suspect that you didn't fill in all the required contact information. If there was a fault with their domain name system it would have come to light long before now.

Con0013391's Response to con0013391's Review

Written on: 25/10/2005

Just to clarify...
<br>
<br>It wasn't our fault at all due to the fact that they had not updated their own database with the new contact details. They only changed the WHOIS. This meant that we were unable to renew the domain before the expiration date. The only way to do this was to log in to a system that wouldn't tell us what the user name and password were even when requesting the details through the "forgotten password?" facility because they hadn't changed the email address in their system to send that email to the correct place.