MAM Bottles 3-Step Feeding Bottle Review

Stephanie Gordon's review of MAM Bottles 3-Step Feeding Bottle

MAM Bottles 3-Step Feeding Bottle

“When my daughter was born I breastfed for almost four...”

Written on: 01/06/2005 by Stephanie Gordon (1 review written)

Reduces wind, nipple-like teat,aesthetically pleasing, great value.

Parts can be easy to loose, although this may be down to a scatty new mum!

General Comments
When my daughter was born I breastfed for almost four months using MAM Bottles 3-Step Feeding Bottle. Ever mindful that I would eventually like to exchange breast for bottle, I started her very early on expressed milk in a bottle. At first I used Avent, very messy and prone to coming appart in the changing bag, but then for a while I didn't use a bottle at all. It was at this point that the problems began. My daughter would not take a bottle instead refusing to feed. I spent a fortune trying to find a bottle that would suit her needs and finally I found MAM bottles. With their ingenious venting system, they reduced trapped wind in her tummy. The squashed nipple-like teat is quite close to the shape of a real nipple during feeding. The bright colours are quite different to any other bottles I had seen. The way in which the bottle is assembled makes it very easy to clean and they are even dishwasher proof! All in all these bottles are great value for money, and great all round.

Blackswan's Response to Stephanie Gordon's Review

Written on: 23/05/2008

During my pregnancy i did a lot of research and 'invested in' 5 Fairly expensive Tommy Tippee Closer to nature bottle which i was told would be best for mainly breastfed babies. My baby wasn't having any of it. I tried several kinds and the only one that worked and simultaneously worked effectively on the colic were these mAm ultivent bottles. Big thumbs up from my baby son.
<br/>
<br/>Cons. Bit of a fiddle to warm milk up in them as they are wide bottomed and faily thick. (Tip: Lie them on their side or use a pre sterilised glass drinking cup in hot water).Do not use them for freezing..it takes ages!!!
<br/>Pro: Because of this once warm they tend to stay warm for ages.
<br/>
<br/>Also they don't always bit into standard bottle sized stuff because of their bottoms.
<br/>Despite this we still love them.