Fuji Finepix 2600 Review

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

briancbos.'s review of Fuji Finepix 2600

☆☆☆☆☆

“This Fuji Finepix 2600 digital camera is garbage. The...”

Written on: 31/12/2002 by briancbos. (1 review written)

This Fuji Finepix 2600 digital camera is garbage. The lens keeps retracting into the camera and it won't take any pictures. Even when the lens door is open, the camera indicates that it is closed and it won't take any pictures.

Don't waste your money on this.

• Image Quality

62558_Steve.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 05/01/2003

Try opening the sliding lens cover fully. It should click into position.

Rocketsoo's Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 05/09/2004

Well, I said I'd return my Camera to Fuji, which I did. I sent a covering letter and all the reviews from this website. Fuji have sent me an an estimate of £100 to fix it, accompanied by a standard letter - no mention of having read anything I sent them. I can buy another camera for £100 - so I will. Needless to say, NOT a Fuji.

Rocketsoo's Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 19/07/2004

I have the same problem - have had mine for 18 months. I'm sending it to Fuji with a printout of this page. Don't suppose it'll do any good but can only try. I certainly wouldn't buy another, even though I always loved my Fuji film camera.

158274_Edwed's Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 09/06/2004

Aabsolutely
<br>
<br>My camera is exactly same
<br>
<br>Wouldn't have a fuji given to me, and I'll tell as many people as I can about it.

157910_Waterfall12's Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 06/06/2004

Same problem here except I got about 1 and 1/2 yrs. The lens stuck in an extended position and it worked for a while and now I get a focus error and it doesn't work at all. I will not buy another one of these again.

Mariposa622's Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 26/05/2004

yes same problem. Camera worked brilliantly for 1 year as a point and shoot, then the lens got jammed in the extended position. Camera is now garbage. It will cost more to repair than buying a new one. All I can say is that I will not be buying another Fuji, will pay more to buy a better brand.

119703_Larry.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 29/07/2003

Same problem with lens staying out, says "focus error". $125.00 at Ritz Camera (for repair) for 15 month old camera (over three months to repair) and now pictures are blurred. Fuji should step up. Lucky for us , we have a film camera.

Ginger K.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 15/07/2003

Agree totally with all who damn the lens cover problem. Ours did the same thing, after about a year: simply kept retracting the lens and shutting off if the least pressure were out on the lens cover AFTER it was snapped (clicked) into place PER THE OWNER'S MANUAL! I did find that loosening the screws holding the unit together then tightening gave me a few weeks relief, but I have yet to see any proper fix from Fuji. Any other ideas out there? Thanx.
<br>Sprocket

103249_Bigbear.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 01/06/2003

Same lens cover problem here. If it's that common, you would think that Fuji would recall and fix for free.

100811_Kev.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 23/05/2003

I also really liked this camera ... until it just stopped working! The lens jammed in the extended position when it was switched off and now the camera is useless, will not respond and will neither focus or take pictures! Any quick fixes?

Ledgerline.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 14/05/2003

I agree entirely with the coment by 'moi' on 1-May-03. I too loved using the camera until the lens cover problem manifest itself. Any ideas on a cure other than dumping it. £275 of camera is a lot to dump after just over 1 years use in my opinion!

93993_Moi.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 01/05/2003

Before you attack the reviewer you should know that this camera DOES have a design flaw. I had been using my 2600 for almost a year and had been very happy with it.....until the lens cover problem happened. Somehow the sensor malfunctions, thinks the lens cover is not open and retracts the lens. I know how to use my 2600 and had used it for a year with no problems before this happened. I am ready to dump my camera now though since I have missed many shots due to the lens retracting at an inopportune moment. I used to love this camera but now I get so frustrated whenever I try to use it fighting against the stupid lens cover sensor.

89452_Martin.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 16/04/2003

HEY if you hate your camera so much give it to me! I give you 10$ for it!

Bobmopar.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 10/04/2003

Operator ERROR! Eather your very dim witted or I don't know what. Eather the camera is defictive or you are....i gave my wife one of these for Christmass a year ago, she has no mechacicial ability, and hates new technolgy! She loves this thing and takes houndreds of pictures, read the manual or get someone who can read to show YOU how to use the Camera!!!!

74207_Alex.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 20/02/2003

I had the same problem not being able to open the cover, so I went back to the store and they pointed me out. It's kinda weird for the cover to have 2 opening positions.

73381_Bnlt.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 16/02/2003

make sure the lens snaps in place

69027_Tech325.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 29/01/2003

read the owners manual.

63655_Mikec.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 08/01/2003

How come you give this camera 8/10 for ease of use when you couldn't take any pictures with your camera. I think this camera is great. Bet you did not open the lense cover fully till it clicked, like the other chap said.