Gibson Les Paul Studio Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

Vinnyguitarman's review of Gibson Les Paul Studio

Gibson Les Paul Studio

“I'm Vinnyguitarman I've been playing and performing...”

Written on: 19/05/2005 by Vinnyguitarman (7 reviews written)

Has hot 490 and 498 humbuckers. Inexpensive compared to the upper models.

'59 rounded neck is fat and has a bulky body.

General Comments
I'm Vinnyguitarman I've been playing and performing for over 30 years and I love to share my experience and thoughts. The Les Paul Studio is a very good buy. This Electric Guitar is inexpensive compared to the upper models , no binding , no glitz ,if it doesn't really matter to you its only cosmetics. It comes with the very hot 490 and 498 humbuckers similiar to the SG standard and the LP Supreme. Beautiful tone and flawless craftsmanship. The big difference from the Standard or the Classic is the neck and the slim body . If you are going to perform and have this guitar wrapped around your neck for hours while standing up or jumping around I might consider spending more and getting the upper models . For a sit down session, studio work, hang out and play with friends... this is the best value for the money! Fans of Fender would say that its "muddy", Gibson fans say Fenders are "thin". To me its just a matter of taste. With all the effect units, modelers, tube pre amps and so on available you can make it sound anyway you want. The difference with the Gibson Studio is that you are getting the most powerful pick ups around. I highly recommend this guitar.

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Advanced

Reviewer's Musical Standard