UK Bank Complaint Forum www.banks.grone.co.uk Review

Paul Smith's review of UK Bank Complaint Forum www.banks.grone.co.uk

“Unfair bank charges, rude staff, computerised phone...”

Written on: 13/05/2005 by Paul Smith (3 reviews written)

Easy to use. Provides forum to let off steam about any bad service or high service charges etc. Because it's a public forum even the banks can view comments and put their house in order.

Brand new site, needs more members.

General Comments
Unfair bank charges, rude staff, computerised phone operators, call centres on another continent. All these things which make you see red. Now the UK Bank Complaint Forum is a place where you can voice your opinion. Each major high street bank has it's own section with topic statistics, so the worst ones will show up for what they are. The only restrictions are 1) No staff members should be named, and 2) Any post should be factual. Otherwise anything goes within the bounds of decency.

Malcolm Hardy's Response to Paul Smith's Review

Written on: 23/10/2005

If you hold a Halifax Credit card be warned as follows. I have a Halifax Platinum credit card, my credit limit was set at £12,800, in September 2005 I made an error and sent the wrong cheque to the wrong bank, although my cheque to Halifax arrived on time, the ammount was £39,40 short of the required payment, not only was I charged a late fee of £25, they lowered my credit line from the £12,800 to the amount I owed on my card, despite the bank agreeing that I made a mistake they refuse to reinstate my credit line although I have perfect credit.