Philips FW- M567 Gameport Review

• Sound Quality

mattius1989's review of Philips FW- M567 Gameport

Philips FW- M567 Gameport

“I received this Philips FW - M567 Gameport hi-fi for...”

Written on: 07/05/2005 by mattius1989 (7 reviews written)

280 Watt.
Price.
Design.
Features.

Electrical Clock Noise.
Remote Control.
Fragile.
Bouncy Lightweight Speakers.

General Comments
I received this Philips FW - M567 Gameport hi-fi for christmas before last and when I plugged it all in it was broken. That was a downer on my Christmas but I received a new stereo on New Years Eve luckily, and I plugged it all in and pumped up the volume. The bass was incredible and the sound was extremley loud... with 280 Watts behind it, it should be! I put a CD into the 5CD player and that worked great, but the disc drives are very flimsy so take care with them. I then plugged it into my PC and all the sound my pc speakers normally made, down to the slightest beep.. my system made, so that feature worked and is great. Then I plugged it into my PS2 and that worked but out of all the features I dislike that one the most because it is really fiddly and the sound delivery doesn't sound quite right. But I have used it as PC speakers the whole time I've had the system and it has never let me down, with special software it even displays on the stereo what song is playing. The problem I have with this system is that when you turn the system off but display the clock it displays it but makes a audible electrical buzz that won't let you sleep with its annoyance, small problem but a problem none the less. The system is rather fragile so put it on a sturdy shelf away from damaging factors. The remote does everything you want it to but compared to the stereos fast and the furious styling it looks too plain and dull. The speakers are very light and bounce at high levels on shiny surfaces with no friction so if you intend on putting them on that sort of surface then you may want to get some anti slip friction mats to go under the speakers. Apart from those small problems this system is great and will serve you well. At a good price of around £180 - £260 depending where you shop for it. If you are after a loud system that does a lot of things then get this... you won't be disappointed.

• Sound Quality

• Over 1 Year

Time Mini System Owned

Steefje's Response to mattius1989's Review

Written on: 12/10/2006

I read your review. I've got the Philips FW - M567 Gameport mini system myself too, but I have one question: Where do I get the software to connect it to my PC?
<br/>I hope you know