Siemens ME45 Review

• Reception

• Style

jeecis.'s review of Siemens ME45

Siemens ME45

“I think this model is for kids, but no for busines :(...”

Written on: 26/12/2002 by jeecis. (1 review written)

Small, light, large display and a known manufacturer

Bad menu, hard to understand, too much functions which I don't need. Different catalogues for incoming, outgoing, missed calls, no time stamp for outgoing calls:(( (???), short battery, expensive, bad reception.

General Comments
I think this model is for kids, but no for busines :( It is my 6th mob phone (nokia, sagem, ericson, sony) and I will never ever buy Siemens - it is very bad phone

• Reception

• Style

65098_Nosmo King.'s Response to 60498_jeecis.'s Review

Written on: 14/01/2003

In my opinion, some of your 'beefs' are valid, and some of the features realy are awful. Everyone does have to survive with features they do or don't need (for the one Ok, the other crud), but............... Battery Life ???
surely, there is hardly another model on the market with around a week (360 hours ?) of standby.
Are you charging it correctly? Are you really reviewing the ME45?

Dave T.'s Response to 60498_jeecis.'s Review

Written on: 18/07/2003

I've had an ME45 for a year and its the best phone i've ever had (Nokia various, Ericsson, Motorola various), beats Nokia into a cocked hat on toughness, battery life and reception. Overcomplicated? I don't think so if you read the handbook and although the operation of the phone menu is different to the ubiquitous Nokia, it is reasonably logical and the phone works for me as a heavy user

86004_Yaris.'s Response to 60498_jeecis.'s Review

Written on: 03/04/2003

I think you read the model number incorrectly, since what you said, literally don't apply to this pretty well designed excellent mobile.
<br>Also, I don't compare the reception I have in my country to the one there is in another country, but mine is always full load and clear..Thus please be sure prior commenting.

83697_Camluck.'s Response to 60498_jeecis.'s Review

Written on: 27/03/2003

I have a ME45 for about a year, and its battery lasts for about one week..... It has excellent reception and cool features. I completely disagree with the reviewer, and I have an advice for him: read the manual first! ;)
<br>
<br>And something else: there is time indicator for ingoing and outgoing calls, you just have to enable it....

Meerkatboy.'s Response to 60498_jeecis.'s Review

Written on: 05/03/2003

The overall rating I agree with. The feature which sold me on the phone was the hands free, but poor reception, drop outs, poor ring volume and a vibration alert have left me with a never touch a siemens again feeling. I see this phone has been discontinued. I'm not surprised.

71428_Ambientscape.'s Response to 60498_jeecis.'s Review

Written on: 08/02/2003

I don't think ME45 have a short battery life. If you do not need that much function....might as well try the Nokia 3310 or other siemens model. I'm proud that I owned this phone....and thumb up to Germans technology!

69510_Drug_Tit0.'s Response to 60498_jeecis.'s Review

Written on: 31/01/2003

IMHO, it is a good thing for a phone to have many functions. If you don't need them don't use them or buy a cheaper phone without them.
<br>And I don't think battery and reception are bad. My battery lasted about 4.5 days and reception was pretty good.
<br>And it's not so expensive, I think it's a good value for the money.