Air Arms 410E Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Doug B.'s review of Air Arms 410E

“This Air Ams 410E rifle is extremely accurate where I...”

Written on: 26/12/2002 by Doug B. (1 review written)

This rifle is very quiet, accurate and is nice having the 10 shot magazine.

For the money, the stock is kind of lacking compared to some like the FX Tarantula and there is a problem with the magazine cover that keeps breaking.

General Comments
This Air Ams 410E rifle is extremely accurate where I can group 1/2" groups at 50 yards using JSB Exacts. This rifle is nice in that it comes with a shrouded barrel which makes it quiet without a moderator. I have both the .22 and the .177 and from my experiences, the .177 is slightly more accurate than the .22, but the .22 has more power down the line. I use both almost equally, but for different purposes. If I want to shoot targets, I tend to grab my .177 and if I shoot rats and other criters, then I grab my .22. Both are excellent rifles and the good thing about the S410E is that it has almost no recoil.

I often hear people asking which one is better, the FX Tarantula or the S410E? My answer is that both are extremely accurate and easy to shoot. Both has it's good points and bad points, but overall, I give both rifles 10's across the board. Here's a quick run downs of the goods and bads: the FX tarantula has a nicer stock and comes with more magazines which are extremely easy to load. The S410E has more power and velocity than the FX Tarantula. But both rifles in .22 are equally accurate. The only thing with the Tarantula I have is that it is picky on pellets whereas the S410E will take just about any pellet you feed into it. So if you're looking into one of these two rifles, I would say get both and see which one you like better. But then again, you might be like me and keep both!!

I think I should add a little comment on the magazine. I have gotten replacements on magazines because the cover keeps breaking and I found that the new covers are doing much better. However, in my opinion, I think it is partially my fault that the magazine broke as well, because I found that it is when I do not push the bolt all the way in place when I fire and the air blows back out towards the magazine and thus, breaks the delicate cover. I found this to be the case after bonding back the covers. They never break unless the bolt isn't all the way in. But other then that, the magazine is excellent and so is the rifle.

• Accuracy