Diamond Multimedia Monster Review

From 1 review

Huer.'s review of Diamond Multimedia Monster

Diamond Multimedia Monster

“The inparticular sound card I have is an MX300. This...”

Written on: 22/04/2001 by Huer. (1 review written)

Great wavetable. Great software included. Great 8bit, 16 bit and 32bit performance. Gold plated connectors. Surround sounds. Dobly features. not very spendy.

Not purely compatible with some of the new socket A motherboards. Not well supported by many older and some new games.

General Comments
The inparticular sound card I have is an MX300. This card makes everything sound better- I like to compare it to the new SB Live!'s that came out not too long ago. I love it's wavetable and overall sound quality. Powered by the Aureal Vortex II chip this PCI sound card encorporates Dolby digital sound processing, it is upgradeable with a daughter board for up to 6 speakers, has Real-Mode DOS support for all it's lovelly features and is just a really good sound card. Diamond makes better sound cards than video cards, I have found. I really enjoy this sound card, I can't wait to figure out how to make it work with my MSI K7T Pro2a motherboard......