Harveys Bristol Cream Sherry Review

Saurkraut's review of Harveys Bristol Cream Sherry

Harveys Bristol Cream Sherry

“I always heard of sherry. It seems to be in every...”

Written on: 26/04/2005 by Saurkraut (2 reviews written)

Marvellous aftertaste, with incredible, lasting flavor of candied pecans.

VERY sweet. A little TOO sweet if you're not used to that sort of thing.

General Comments
I always heard of sherry. It seems to be in every gothic novel, and anything that was written in the 1800s seems to have a mandatory scene of people sitting around in drawing rooms, being served sherry in crystal goblets. So when a friend suggested I try Harvey's Bristol Cream, I was intrigued enough to try it.

The first sip was overpowering. I took too much at one time, when I should have taken a tiny little taste. My immediate reaction was that it was like Manieshevitz (I don't know if I spelled this right, but I'm referring to overpoweringly sweet Jewish kosher wine).

But afterwards, I was pleasantly amazed. It has an incredible, wonderful aftertaste like I've never experienced before. It's reminiscent of candied pecans.

It IS a little TOO sweet, almost to the point of cloying. But if it's sipped slowly (the elderly man who introduced it to me calls it "sippin' wine") then it's highly enjoyable.