Dansai 852 (Tesco) Review

Gum ^Alter.'s review of Dansai 852 (Tesco)

Dansai 852 (Tesco)

“This is a very cheap player. Paid less than 100 Euro....”

Written on: 23/12/2002 by Gum ^Alter. (1 review written)

This is a very cheap player. Paid less than 100 Euro. It plays EVERYTHING on ANYTHING. I have tried all kinds of CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW on all kinds of colors. Black, Silver, Green, Blue whatever. I takes it all. Plugged the player to my Sony widescreen tv with a SCART-connection and the picture quality rocks. (Okey it is not THE VERY BEST thing in the world but for less than 100 Euro it is damn good!) I brought a DVD-genie friend over and he took all of his "problem"-DVDs with him, like Lord of the rings, Terminator 2 etc. DVDs that freezed and other funny behaviours on his "expensive" player. All movies but Lord of the rings passed. LOTR freezed at one point. Just pressed play again and it resumed. I am very pleased with this player and now I am looking for a cheap but good 5:1 sound equitment.

The pling sound it makes when opening and closing the tray.

General Comments