Webley Lazadome Review

Sub Sea Sniper's review of Webley Lazadome

Webley Lazadome have got to be the pellets on the...”

Written on: 21/04/2005 by Sub Sea Sniper (8 reviews written)

Stable
Great hitting power
Pre-lubed
Consistent

Thin skirt which can deform easily
Bit pricey

General Comments
Webley Lazadome have got to be the pellets on the market. I have tried loads of different pellets from RWS H-Points to Eley Wasps to Crossman Accupells but I keep coming back to Webley Lazadomes.

They are domed pellets with a fairly long, flared skirt. Inside the skirt is a large flat area, rather like an Accupell. This makes them easier to see when fired from a gun with a lamp fitted.

I particularly like the finish of these pellets, very smooth, no ridges or indentations in the skirts. As they are pre-lubed they have a semi-shiny look about them and are silky to the touch. Some of them have very slight flash markings but these are still smooth to the touch, its like somebody has drawn a very feint pencil line down the pellet, it doesn't affect accuracy at all.

And they are accurate, I have lost count of the amount of rabbits I have taken with Lazadomes. I use a Webley Tracker (gas rammed), Air Arms Pro Elite and a brand new Air Arms TX200HC (all in 0.22) and they all function at their best with Lazadomes.

The thin skirt can deform easily if you drop the tin. However, a deformed skirt counts for nothing as the pressure of the air behind the pellet during firing blows the skirt into the rifling anyway.

These pellets seem to be of a consistent weight and are very smooth. Also there is no crud swimming about the tin like you get with Accupells. I would recommend these pellets over any other for hunting. They pack a good punch and ensure hunting is as humane as possible (and that can't be a bad thing).

Written on: 06/09/2005

Have you seen the laza domes performance in pcp rifles. I am currently in search of the best pellet. ive had good results with crosman vermin pell. because the laza dome and accu pell sound so alike i might buy both and see what happens. What is the grainage of the laza domes?

Written on: 26/10/2005

Same for me mate I've just given an almost full pot of penetrators to my m8 and some matchpell. I couldn't get any more laza pell :( so i've got some bisley magnums for now until my shop gets some more.
<br>
<br>Thanks and hope your pellets keep performing for years to come.
<br>
<br>TOP REVIEW ONCE AGAIN.
<br>Deadeyedick

Sub Sea Sniper's Response to Sub Sea Sniper's Review

Written on: 25/10/2005

I'm still shooting these pellets many months after discovering them. I have put thousands through my gun and cannot recall one that has slid into the breech with any variation in resistance to the one before. I have taken literally hundreds of rabbits at my shoot with these pellets.
<br>
<br>I have half-used tins of Accupells, Penetrators and other wonder pellets but they are simply gathering dust.

Written on: 18/09/2005

I bought 200 of the laza domes and they are great 1cm group at 30 yards EXELLENT!.
<br>im not going to bother with anything else these are the pellet for me!
<br>THANKS A TOP REVIEW!

Written on: 07/09/2005

I's still lookin about but I will give a tin of the laza domes a try. I'm sure ill have exelent results if theyr manufactured like the crosmans accupell. Ill have to do a post about accupell vs lazadome. From the grainage id say the laza dome has more hitting power being 16 grain the accupell being 14.5 grain. There could be some very close results as they are the same sort of shape and almost the same grainage.

Sub Sea Sniper's Response to Sub Sea Sniper's Review

Written on: 07/09/2005

Lazadomes (in 0.22) weigh in at 16 grains. They are, I think 5.51mm. I rate them over Accupells, some of those slid into my Air Arms TX200HC breech and and other I had to force in. I have shot thousands of Lazadomes through my gun and every single one has the same resistance when pushed into the breech. That is saying something about the manufacturing tolerances.