Crosman 2240 Review

Incognegro.'s review of Crosman 2240

“This Crosman 2240 has to be the best value of any CO2...”

Written on: 22/12/2002 by Incognegro. (1 review written)

Super value, hard hitting, simple design and operation, medium sized, mostly metal contruction, loads of aftermarket products and modifcations available, simple to disassemble and operate.

Plastic breech and sights, heavy trigger pull for single action (can be lightened easily), loud report.

General Comments
This Crosman 2240 has to be the best value of any CO2 pistol on the market. It also is hands-down the easiest to customize and has almost infinite possibilities. I currently own 4 of these in different configurations (and plan to buy a 5th). Barrels can be easily changed with Crosman's 2250 and 2260 models, so accuracy and power are quite upgradable.

In stock trim, the gun gets about 440 to 470 FPS (around 6 foot pounds of energy) in .22 cal. For a Co2 pistol under 12" in length, this is quite good - remember that this is a .22 cal gun and hits much harder than a .177. The gun is suprisingly accurate even with the stock 7.25" barrel. Operation is simple bolt action/single action and is single shot. The trigger is a bit slim and heavy, but this can be fixed with a trigger shoe. Lightening the trigger pull can be done by simply removing the grips and replacing the spring inside with a lighter one of the same length. It gets about 35-45 good shot per 12 grm CO2 powerlet, which is understandable due to it's power.

In conclusion: this gun is a great buy. The Crosman 2240 will fill a void in any airgunners collection. With an array of aftermarket products and upgrades available, you can't go wrong with this pistol!

60103_De-Bunker.'s Response to 59703_Incognegro.'s Review

Written on: 24/12/2002

Hey, Incognegro, what country are you in? It's just in the UK, 2240's are fairly rare, and we pay over the odds for them (like many Crosman models, 2250 etc).
I quite fancy a 2240, have you fitted a rhino breech, ... I'd like a red dot, or low power scope, and I hear the barrel clamp mounts aren't that great, is this the case?
How noisy is it for the power? My more powerful pistols, Anics and Dasiy 622x are fairly loud, and they run at about 4 ft.lbs, I presume at around six the 2240 is a bit noisy?

Placid's Response to 59703_Incognegro.'s Review

Written on: 23/06/2004

Your review was very helpful and now im interested. What the furthest possible 'effective' shooting range stock? ..About these mods..what can be modified and where can i get the parts? Barrel? Stock? What is the maximum possible velocity? This is very appreciated, keep up with the reviews. =D

45 Competition Shooter's Response to 59703_Incognegro.'s Review

Written on: 04/12/2003

Hey, zoltanus13: Have you seen the CB1740XL. I am going to get one, and at only $180.00, it is too good of a deal to pass up. The Whitewolf Hunter pistols are extremely nice, but I don't really feel like laying down $450.00 for an airgun. I like the Tomcat, too.

45 Competition Shooter's Response to 59703_Incognegro.'s Review

Written on: 04/12/2003

Hey Incognegro, in my opinion, the loud report from this gun is a good thing. It assures you that the gun isn't going to fall apart. What I am saying is, the loud report lets you know that you are shooting a powerful gun, which, in turn, gives you the sense that the gun can handle high pressures. I also think it just plain sounds cool, too. Kind of like silenced .50 BMG.(Yes, I have heard one go off before; a silenced Barett semi-automatic.) I still wore ear protection, though, should the silencer fail.

Da Boy's Response to 59703_Incognegro.'s Review

Written on: 20/11/2003

In Canada, all of the Canadian tire stores I have been in carry the gun. It costs $80 at Canadian tire. Also Le Baron carries the gun as well and it is probably cheaper.

Raoulc02's Response to 59703_Incognegro.'s Review

Written on: 18/11/2003

Hey, i live in toronto ontario, canada and i was wondering if anyone who lives in canada or toronto knows any stores or chains of stores that carry mods for the 2240.

Moley's Response to 59703_Incognegro.'s Review

Written on: 13/09/2003

Thanks for your your comment, zoltanus13. I tried the site and my Netgear Firewall blocked it out!
<br>
<br>I asked my local gunsmith on the same day I left the comment and he said he can get me one for £95 (about $140) - He doesn't stock them either! Thanks anyway.
<br>
<br>Does anyone know if the Gamo Quickshot can be mounted to the 2240? They'd make a good combination.

Zoltanus13's Response to 59703_Incognegro.'s Review

Written on: 11/09/2003

You can try at www.crookedbarn.com . They have special guns for UK. They do not sell stock 2240s, however you can get a custom one for a little extra money. Very nice people to deal with, I ordered all my custom parts from them. Fair prices and... they ship internationally!

Moley's Response to 59703_Incognegro.'s Review

Written on: 10/09/2003

Does anybody know where I can get one of these in the UK (or a webshop that delivers UK)?
<br>
<br>I've been lookin' for bloomin' ages and I can't find anywhere to buy one from!!!
<br>
<br>Reply (or e-mail to moley@2die4.com) would be appriciated.
<br>Cheers

Z-Man.'s Response to 59703_Incognegro.'s Review

Written on: 07/06/2003

I agree too. Best value for money... And so many things you can do with it. There is an abundance of after-market parts for this gun, which is not the case for most other models out there.
<br>Way-fun to modify, deadly accurate if you do the right job.... and powerful too.
<br>Too bad we have these laws here in Canada with "max 500 fps " for airguns, because it`s possible to get much more out of a 2240 by modding...

Airgunfancy.'s Response to 59703_Incognegro.'s Review

Written on: 28/04/2003

I recently purchased a 2240 and ran about 75 Crosman Copperhead pellets through it. They were all over the map on an Olympic 10m target shooting at about 30 feet. Is it me or is this ammo the pits?
<br>
<br>My next tin is RWS Meisterkugeln.
<br>
<br>Otherwise I am very pleased with the air pistol.

75686_Matt.'s Response to 59703_Incognegro.'s Review

Written on: 26/02/2003

Great review and I totally agree. I own five custom 2240s and one just as stock. Email me guys if you wanna chat about 2240s.
<br>Penguin@fastmail.ca

Incognegro.'s Response to 59703_Incognegro.'s Review

Written on: 08/01/2003

Hey De-Bunker,
If you want to talk more about the 2240, you can e-mail me at artificial_grey@hotmail.com.