Yamaha Beech Custom Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

Rosin's review of Yamaha Beech Custom

Yamaha Beech Custom

“I have been playing drums for 14 years and was looking...”

Written on: 17/04/2005 by Rosin (1 review written)

Tonal quality you can 'taste', responsive articulate, flexible tuning, this bass drum kicks absolute rear, hardware is minimal and easy to position.

Mmm...now my symbols sound cheap and nasty.

General Comments
I have been playing drums for 14 years and was looking to get a new set of shells, excluding snare. I had looked at second hand sonor designer series, and was considering a brady and until I played the beech custom absolute, I never expected to find a Yamaha kit that I liked so much and decided to get it immediately. I was so suprised at the price for such an amazing sounding kit. I ended up being able to afford a Steve Jordan sig snare, new iron cobra double pedal and throne within my budget. Took it straight to a gig on the first night and it really cut live (many people commented on how great the drum sound was) and was comfortable to play from the start. The 22" by 18" bass drum really compliments my 14" by 5 1/2" Brady Tasmanian blackwood. It really helped me say what I've been wanting to say through my old beaten up pearl export. Can't wait to see how it matures!

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Advanced

Reviewer's Musical Standard