Nokia 8310 Review

• Reception

• Style

helini's review of Nokia 8310

Nokia 8310

“I bought my Nokia 8310 second hand 2 years ago and it...”

Written on: 15/04/2005 by helini (1 review written)

Size, easy to use.

Slow to edit texts.

General Comments
I bought my Nokia 8310 second hand 2 years ago and it has been great! Small size makes it easy to slip in your pocket, has alarm clock with snooze, voice recorder and stop clock (and other functions I've never used like the radio and WAP).

I've read some of the other reviews about noise and turning itself off. I've never had the noise but about 2 months ago it did start re-booting itself. However, considering this phone is about 3 years old and had been fine up till then, I think that's pretty good, and even now it doesn't happen very often.

I previously had a Nokia nk402 which I also had for a couple of years and was great - I only replaced it because of the size. However, despite the 8310 having more features, the nk402 performs better on being able to edit texts quickly, stores the date and time of texts received and sent, and when texts are received goes straight to the inbox menu so you can see who the texts from before reading it whereas the 8310 goes straight into reading the texts. These are only minor fiddly bits though which probably wouldn't bother many.

I would intend on keeping the 8310 a lot longer - the only reason I'm thinking of changing it is because over the last few months I've been get a burning behind my ear after using the phone and so have decided for safety sake to get a phone with loudspeaker and bluetooth.

For anyone thinking of buying a fairly basic phone (without camera, colour screen or polophonic tones) this is good as it's easy to use and a fantastic size. Anyone wanting a bit more oomph with modern gadgets may find this a bit outdated though.

• Battery Life