Piaggio Typhoon 50 Review

Lynx3024's review of Piaggio Typhoon 50

“I bought my Piaggio Typhoon 50cc Scooter in october...”

Written on: 13/04/2005 by Lynx3024 (1 review written)

Good acceleration to 30mph takes a bit to get to 50, i've had 51 out of it but the next day my speedo cable snapped, too much pressure I think.
Out accelerates a Aprilia sr50 racing replica thats fully derestricted and silencer too!

Takes time to warm up, when bike is worn in.

General Comments
I bought my Piaggio Typhoon 50cc Scooter in october 2003 and couldn't wait because it was my 16th birthday, it was really ok when I first got it, but it was only doing 22mph at the max on flat ground, but my speedo was sayin 27mph. Ah well, now its great, as I can burnoff loads of cars at the traffic lights, I took it too a large hill in wales the other day called llangollen where I went full pelt downhill, and got about 65mph out of it, it was really good clean fun.

Benrcollins's Response to Lynx3024's Review

Written on: 01/06/2005

sound like your bike is still restricted, you need to take the ring out of your variator and clamp the two little pipes on ya exhaust. i gotta typhoon 50 and mine does about 55 60 mph on flat land.

410118_Deanpt50's Response to Lynx3024's Review

Written on: 16/10/2008

Does it matter if I just but a technigas race exhaust on my thphoon 50 even if there is the pipe connecting to the engine some where?
<br/>w/b thanks.

Gilerastalker50's Response to Lynx3024's Review

Written on: 15/02/2007

Hi. When you say clamp the bits on your exhaust, do you mean the metal bits of pipe that come off the pipe? Do you squeeze them together?
<br/>