Premier Cabria Series Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

182meets2112's review of Premier Cabria Series

Premier Cabria Series

“First of all, I am basing this review off of the model...”

Written on: 09/04/2005 by 182meets2112 (8 reviews written)

Professional level features on a beginner-priced kit.

In the years that I have owned my kit, I have not found any real nad points for this product.

General Comments
First of all, I am basing this review off of the model mad in 2001-2002. Since my purchasing my own set, Premier has changed the type of wood used in the shells of the drums from maple to mahogany, but the other features on the set are relatively the same. My set was the first to use the ISO mounting system (which is the Premier issue of RIMS mounting). This hardware will allow for maximum resonance requires no drilling into the shell to mount the toms. This feature is very helpful when setting up the kit, for you can arragne the toms in more places and at different positions. Both cymbal stands that come with this kit are convertible boom stands. The bass drum pedal is a chain drive, which is another feature that makes this set playable at a professional level. The Cabria series can come in a laquer or wrap finish. THe laquers are all beutiful, but will run about 200 USD more on the price. The wrap finish still makes the drums sing, and the colors available are still very pleasant ot any eye.

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Advanced

Reviewer's Musical Standard

266644_Kepa's Response to 182meets2112's Review

Written on: 12/11/2006

Hi! I've been playing some four years with Cabria and still satisfied! Every working drummer knows
that its not the playing, it is the roading where the gear is missed and having crunches. Despite shells getting some scrathes, also all stands are suffering. With these in mind I've done fine with my Cabria set.
One question to all who it may concern: would someone in the know finally tell what is the big difference between African and Far East mahogany? I allready know it's kind of a different breech? But the tonal differences?
<br/>This is a open question, waiting for answers basing of empire practice. All good, keep swinging! kepa