Titleist 975J Review

Wmc.'s review of Titleist 975J

Titleist 975J

“The new Titleist 975J is by far the best driver on the...”

Written on: 19/12/2002 by Wmc. (1 review written)

Very long, really workable.

It does cost some money, I bought mine as a demo for $230, but one could easily mistake it for brand new.

General Comments
The new Titleist 975J is by far the best driver on the market, in fact a number of guys on tour play with it. It is easy to put maybe a little cut or draw on it and best of all easy to hit straight. Don't bother with the 975VS of 975FE; they supossedly make you either draw or fade but what if you naturally try to hit it straight and what if one day you stop slicing and start hooking. The standard shaft in it is a Titleist Ultralight which is pretty nice but in a stiff flex it acts more like a regular flex shaft; in short it's pretty whippy for stiff flex. I personally would suggest getting a Speeder or Proforce in it. Some people say that the head size is simply too big but compared to the new TaylorMade and Callaway clubs, it's really not that big. I think that this club is great for any player seeking control and distance.

109328_Andy.'s Response to 59152_Wmc.'s Review

Written on: 21/06/2003

Good and fair comments. I only read this today having got my hands on one of these yesterday. I can confirm the views on shafts etc. My pro tells me a titleist stiff shaft is the same flex as a callaway firm but with a different kick point (sounds very technical to me!)
<br>
<br>I prefer the club to the latest callaway and TaylorMade. Every other club in my bag is callaway so it was a major decision to change for me.
<br>
<br>This driver looks classy, sits well behind the ball, has more 'weight' than my old Great Big Bertha and plays 20-30 yds longer (better/stronger flight).
<br>
<br>Catch one quick - they are on sale. The new replacement looks set to take the market by storm but it is loads of money.
<br>
<br>Great gear lasts for ages and makes for a good investment at sale/discount prices.
<br>
<br>If you can still find one - have a trial hit. Great value as an end of line model.