British Shorthair Review

Tortvilla's review of British Shorthair

“I adopted my Liliac Colourpoint British Shorthair Cat...”

Written on: 20/03/2005 by Tortvilla (1 review written)

Very friendly
Tolerant of other cats
Good with children
Relaxed

Greedy and therefore can easilly end up over weight, can be quite demandidng of attention.

General Comments
I adopted my Liliac Colourpoint British Shorthair Cat about two years ago. He is an ex stud cat. He is now five years old.

He is the most loyal cat I have ever had. He is very responsive ie, when you call him he comes bounding over. He shares his home with a child who is now five and he adores her. He has shown amazing patience with her and has never scratched, bitten or hissed at anyone.

He is great in the car, visits to the vets are not a problem as he enjoys the ride.

He tends to be quite demanding of my attension and can be quite possessive (tries to squeeze between me and anyone sitting next to me) personally I dont mind this.

He is great with other cats, and dogs.

He can seek revenge if he is upset, ie, I go out and in his opinion I have been too long he will leave a pile on the floor. But, this is the only time he will do this.

He is very greedy! never leave anything edible out or it will be gone! He will eat and eat and eat if allowed to.

Overall he is fantastic, very amusing and great company.

He is the first British Shorthair I have had so I don't know if this is typical but hopefully it will give you a little insight into this beautiful breed. They are expensive to buy!