Sony DCR-TRV19 Review

• Video Quality

• Sound Quality

• Battery Life

dd4500's review of Sony DCR-TRV19

“Poor quality, after 3 months I had 3-4 hours of...”

Written on: 10/03/2005 by dd4500 (1 review written)

When it worked it was OK picture quality.

Poor customer, Poor quality.

General Comments
Poor quality, after 3 months I had 3-4 hours of taping. It stopped recording, no image in lcd and viewfinder. I contacted SONY, they told me they would fix it for a flat rate of $216.00 this is after speaking to 3 managers. It was $276.00 when I started. SONY support will not help or work to resolve a defective product. I will not purchase Sony products in the future.

• 6 - 12 Months

Time Camcorder Owned

• Video Quality

• Sound Quality

• Battery Life

Berkh's Response to dd4500's Review

Written on: 26/04/2005

I have the same problem after using this headache machine for 8 months. Sony asked for $269 labor cost to fix it. I found out RadioShack was cheaper ($119), so I sent it to RadioShack repair center. However, they tried to fix it for 3 months and couldn't fix. So in this case I'll trash this $600-camera. It was a lesson learned for me. I'll never ever buy a Sony product again. Next time I'll buy a camera, I'll buy the extended warranty also.