Braun Tassimo Freshly Brewed Hot Drinks Machine Review

• Style

• Service & Support

honestystamps's review of Braun Tassimo Freshly Brewed Hot Drinks Machine

Braun Tassimo Freshly Brewed Hot Drinks Machine

“I like a choice of drinks so I've traded up my old...”

Written on: 09/03/2005 by honestystamps (4 reviews written)

Great choice of drinks (teas, coffee, cappucino, hot chocolate etc)
Nice styling
Easy to use and no need to clean

As noisy as an Espresso machine

General Comments
I like a choice of drinks so I've traded up my old expresso maker and bought a Braun Tassimo machine.

It's a bit like a smaller, funkier vending machine that you see in cool offices. It uses a T-disc system, which basically are plastic pods containing hot chocolate (Suchard...mmmm!), tea and various coffees. The discs have barcodes which tell the machine how to brew the drinks. These slot into the machine and hot water pumps through in a similar way to an Expresso machine.

The machine is a bit noisy, but it's not as noisy as the steam function on my old machine. I haven't had to clean it as the water mixes with the drink in the cup, so no nasty splashes of coffee so far, but it is a nice looking matt silver plastic piece of kit and has decent Braun styling.

I've tried all the drinks as my local Tescos, Asda and Boots stock the T-discs but my favourites have to be the hot chocolate and the Cappuccino...the Capuccino has a nifty 2 disc element, you make the expresso and then it froths a t-disc of milk on top.

It's definitely easier to use than an Expresso machine. The ones I have tried tend to be temperamental and if you don't screw them in tightly enough or tighten them too much they spurt hot water everywhere. No danger of this with the Tassimo and I really like the choices of drinks.

• Under a month

Owned Product For:

• Multi hot drinks maker

Special Features

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Fungoid's Response to honestystamps's Review

Written on: 02/05/2005

I have found that some of the varieties of t-discs are hard to find. Although I have seen some on ebay.

Zellka's Response to honestystamps's Review

Written on: 03/01/2006

They were available at my local sainsburys but they discontinued many varieties last week! All available at tesco still.

221332_Sskunza's Response to honestystamps's Review

Written on: 17/12/2005

I was told by the person demonstrating the machine at the store, that the t-discs will soon be available in the grocery stores. That was my deciding factor on buying this machine versus the Keurig machine. Now I will be able to buy more coffee and drink it the same day!