Nikon F100 Review

• Photograph Quality

Simon Clark.'s review of Nikon F100

“I have now used this camera now for a few months and...”

Written on: 17/04/2001 by Simon Clark. (1 review written)

Extremely well built, features

We all wish we good get things cheaper I suppose

General Comments
I have now used this camera now for a few months and can only say that it is a terrific bit of kit. I still can't believe I've managed to own one.

The controls are so well laid out it is a joy to use. One never has to take ones eye away from the finder to change settings such as exposure mode, shutter speed, aperture control etc. I find the camera quiet with a really smooth winder. Even without the add on drive you get 4.5 fps which is enough for me.

In effect it combines the build quality Nikon is famous for and brings it right up to date with the best of modern features without any extra un-necessary stuff (such as program modes you'll probably never use etc) The old Nikon F I had with all the electronic stuff I can ever envisage wanting (of course you can go back to manual when you want) In the latter respect I prefer the manual focus facility of Nikon lenses to some other brands as they afford a "more conventional" and less "sloppy" feel.

All in all a winner!