Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon Review

chimpy's review of Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon

“To be honest the Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon gun is...”

Written on: 25/02/2005 by chimpy (6 reviews written)

Light, pointable, good swing, good wood and clean recoil.

Tad expensive

General Comments
To be honest the Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon gun is beastly!! I don't own one but I work in a gun shop and I took a second hand 12bore on a 200clay shoot for a test drive. after the full 200 clays my shoulder only gave a minuscule whimper good for me because I have I small stature. The gun swings onto the target like its laser guided and he sights although the same as other shotguns just seem to be in the right place at the right time. the trigger is fairly light and the recoil is clean and controllable, on one shot I use the recoil to jump from one clay to another and I hit both! the wood on the gun I used was very nice indeed even though it was second hand. I fed it Eley Olympic trap and they went down the barrel like a dream. I look forward to my shotgun certificate coming through because if that gun is still on the shelf, then its mine!

Jacqueshankin's Response to chimpy's Review

Written on: 12/06/2008

I am borrowing one from a mate and find I hit everything I would have missed with my 12G. Lovely gun. The previous reviewer should know that in the UK, if you describe something as "beastly" it means "awful". I read on and realised he meant the opposite. I agree,
<br/>
<br/>J.

Mightyhunter's Response to chimpy's Review

Written on: 10/04/2011

I found this review very helpful because... I'm looking to get an SP5, tried a III and wanted some other's opinion before I part with the thick end of 2 grand for a new one :-)

Jacqueshankin's Response to chimpy's Review

Written on: 17/06/2008

I suspect it might be generational as well.

259179_45Lovers's Response to chimpy's Review

Written on: 17/06/2008

I must disagree about the beastly comment, it could be a regional to where jacqueshankin lives but beastly is a good description word and could mean either good or bad it depends on the context.