Keane, Hopes & Fears Review

Jamezz's review of Keane, Hopes & Fears

Keane, Hopes & Fears

Keane, Hopes & Fears - After listening to 'Somewhere...”

Written on: 20/02/2005 by Jamezz (24 reviews written)

Plays like a compilation of different emotions and is both easy to listen to and thought-provoking. An amazing album from an amazing band!

I wish the tracks 'Snowed Under' and 'Under the Walnut Tree' had been included but apart from that I really have no complaints!

General Comments
Keane, Hopes & Fears - After listening to 'Somewhere Only We Know' I knew I had to get the Keane album and what a great addition to my music collection it is! The title 'Hopes and Fears'(a line from a pre-album song entitled 'Snowed Under') couldn't be more accurate! There is certainly a sense of hope in this piano driven piece as well as fear of things that are supposedly uncertain. In my opinion, this album is one of the top 3 best albums of 2004 with tracks such as the moving 'Somewhere Only We Know' the confident 'Bend & Break' and 'Can't Stop Now' and the soothing 'Bedshaped', not forgetting the sad 'We Might As Well Be Strangers' and the recently released 'This Is The Last Time'. 'Hopes and Fears' will certainly give other Indie bands something to think about!