Yamaha BWS Review

bigsmiles.'s review of Yamaha BWS

“After owning my 2002 Yamaha BWS for a few months, I...”

Written on: 10/12/2002 by bigsmiles. (1 review written)

The Yamaha BWS, aka Zuma has great looks, great handling, and plenty of stoping power.

It has poor top end performance

General Comments
After owning my 2002 Yamaha BWS for a few months, I still love it as much as the first day i got it. It is very good on gas, very reliable, gets me where i need to go. My only complaint is its top end performance, which is fixable with a few after market parts.

Dustin.'s Response to 56937_bigsmiles.'s Review

Written on: 16/07/2003

What after market parts are you talking about? I want to inprove my top end performance. Could you please e-mail me at Midtown_27@yahoo.ca. I own a 2003 Bws,
<br><br>
<br><br>Thanks
<br><br>
<br><br>Dustin

386810_Tio's Response to 56937_bigsmiles.'s Review

Written on: 29/07/2008

The exhaust makes a big differance for sure.
You should look into performance reeds! big diferance, small price.
You could also modify the air box or a scoop with k& n filter. just an idea.

Woodster's Response to 56937_bigsmiles.'s Review

Written on: 12/04/2004

Ive got the 1995 version of the BWS. I got new rollers, best possible racing exaust and had it fully derestricted. Its the fastest 50cc I know, but I want to know what else can be done to make it faster.

Bigsmiles's Response to 56937_bigsmiles.'s Review

Written on: 28/09/2003

I have fully modified mine and it is amazing, there are a few online stores to buy parts, and that is how I got my parts. If you want more knowledge on how to modify these bikes, I am a moderator for a discussion group that has over 800 members and all we do is talk about the BWS / Zuma and how to fix, repair, modify ect…. The address is as follows. http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/yamaha_zuma/ now the online parts places are.
<br>http://www.taffspeed.co.uk/ Contact Terry
<br>http://www.badmotorscooterparts.com/ Contact Skull
<br>http://www.mopedhospital.com/ Contact Steve
<br>http://www.mototek.com/ Contact Jay
<br>
<br>All of these places sell parts for the BWS. You will see that you can get 70cc upgrade kits, Exhausts. New Transmission parts, the works, every part is replaceable somehow. For more information, just talk to the group, everyone has there own set up and then we have the basics for everyone to know.