Sony KF-42SX300U Review

• Image Quality

• Sound Quality

Mikey2000's review of Sony KF-42SX300U

Sony KF-42SX300U

“I bought a Sony KF-42SX300U in a sale on the...”

Written on: 30/01/2005 by Mikey2000 (1 review written)

Excellent Price, Excellent picture and sound, good connectability, fantastic remote control.

None as yet.

General Comments
I bought a Sony KF-42SX300U in a sale on the Wednesday, to be delivered on the Saturday. On the Friday, I read some reviews of this item on the internet, and was dismayed to find that the reviewers were less than impressed with this televisions performance reguarding dark scenes. They gave it a great review otherwise, justly so, but I was a little bit disturbed about this. When the delivery men finished setting the tv up, the first thing I did was to put on a dvd, namely Darkness falls, where 85% of this film is set in darkness. I found it to be more than capable of handling all of the dark scenes, and all the fog scenes better and more clearly that my old crt set. I am very, very pleased with my purchase, and would reccomend it to anyone who doesn't want to spend heaps of money on a plasma screen. The picture is excellent across the board, and the sound is very good, the best virtual dolby I have ever heard. People don't seem to realise that some of these reviews on the home cinema sites are submitted by experts, or taken from magazines, also written by experts. I am by no means an expert, but I know what I like and see, this television is simply an awesome buy and, with the addition of a surround sound system, an excellent home cinema. Also, the remote is the best I have ever used, sturdy (it's metal) and very well designed. Overall, an excellent buy, A+.

• Image Quality