Pizza Express Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Lizzym83's review of Pizza Express

☆☆☆☆☆

“For my birthday I thought that it might be nice to try...”

Written on: 26/01/2005 by Lizzym83 (2 reviews written)

None

Everything!

General Comments
For my birthday I thought that it might be nice to try a meal with my friends at Pizza Express. In hindsight, I regret my choice of eatery so much. Never have I been subjected to such bad service when eating out.

Getting seated and ordering our food went ok, but unfortunately it went downhill from there. It took an hour before our food arrived, but even then only 7/9 meals at our table were served, with two orders being wrong. My pizza was only lukewarm , while my friend's lasagne was burnt to a crisp. We had to wait a further 10 minutes before any cutlery appeared. The two missing meals did not arrive until 30 minutes after the rest of the group's meals; (these two meals included a plain cheese and tomato pizza - how difficult is it to get that wrong?).

The drinks order for our table was messed up, with most of the order never being served. At this point we called the waitress over to complain. She sais there was a staff shortage and wasn't very apologetic. We then called the manager over who was very nice and gave us a discount on the meal.

To cap the evening off, we ended up having to go into the kitchen ourselves to get sugar for our tea and coffees when the waitress failed to bring it to the table! We also spent the rest of the evening being glared at by all the staff. Pizza Express really have a lot to learn about customer service. I don't believe they had "staff shortages". I know of many similar sized restaurants that run on the same amount of staff, even at peak times, but still manage to provide good food and service with a smile. I recommend that you do not go there.

• Under £5

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Quiet/Refined