Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox) Review

• Addiction Level

• Graphics

cowcalves's review of Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox)

Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox)

“Burnout 3: Takedown is a must own game for any self...”

Written on: 14/01/2005 by cowcalves (48 reviews written)

Car crashing action of the highest quality.

Could have used real cars with more variable handling.

General Comments
Burnout 3: Takedown is a must own game for any self respecting XBox owner in my opinion. The basic premise is that of any driving game, win races, however in Burnout 3 you are actively encorouraged to take out your rivals by making them collide with walls, buses, trams anything really. There is lots of depth to the game with different style races (my favourite's gotta be the road rage levels, take down as many people as you can), signature take downs, awards and newspaper headlines to collect. The more risks you take like driving between cars or driving on the wrong side of the road, the more boast you gain, the faster you go. The only downside for me is I'm used to playing Project Gotham Racing I kind of miss the real cars, I don't really care if I've unlocked a 'sports assin' as I don't know what it is, if you unlock a TVR or something then it's a bit more interesting. Also the cars stats and handelling are all quite similar, within the same category. However the game is good enough to overcome these minor imperfections. The sound track is amazing, and I don't even listen to Rock music much. There's also loads of Multiplay style games, so much fun to play with your friends.

• Graphics