Next www.next.co.uk Review

thewampster.'s review of Next www.next.co.uk

“Next are one of the offline clothes shops I use most...”

Written on: 03/12/2002 by thewampster. (1 review written)

Good selection, good quality items, FAST delivery, good service, name you can trust

Not the cheapest, slow page loads, need to pay for their catalogue if you want it.

General Comments
Next are one of the offline clothes shops I use most often but they also have a rather nifty website too. I can't say I'm a huge fan of shopping online for clothing because I'm a little on the fussy side (OK I'm enormously fussy!) and like to see the exact colour, fit, material etc. etc. before I'm happy! What I personally use the site for is if there is something I see in the store which isn't in my size but I like, then I can go online and order it. Perfect!

You on the other hand may be more comfortable with catalogue shopping(this is no different, it's just an electronic catalogue) and will want to peruse their range. You'll find women's, men's and children clothing, all long lasting and good quality as well as a section on homeware where you can find all kinds of items for the home.

One thing I really like about Next is the quality and the style, both are excellent but of course that means you'll be paying a little bit extra to reflect that. You won't find too many bargains here but buying cheap is often false economy at the end of the day isn't it.

One major gripe I have about the site as a browser is the time it takes to load pages. This is a very graphic heavy site with all the pictures of clothing, goods etc. on there so it takes a time for each page to load. I'm an inpatient shopper at the best of times and I can't imagine browsing through their entire catalogue on a dial-up connection. Broadband users will of course have little or no problem with this site so can ignore the comment, the rest of us...it's a bit of a drag! You an of course order the "Next Directory" which is a hefty hardback catalogue of the items they sell but it'll set you back a couple of quid if you do which is a bit of a cheek I feel. No one else charges for catalogues of things they want to sell you!!

Still, ordering is a flat rate of £2.95 no matter how large your order and goods are delivery very quickly indeed, often next day for no extra charge so there is nothing to complain about there.

In all the site is well worth checking out for good quality items you can't, or can't be bothered to find in the high street stores and comes recommended from this quarter at least.

218230_Carol Mc Cartney's Response to 55522_thewampster.'s Review

Written on: 23/11/2005

i have tried to order on line hopwever, most products i wanted where out of stock. one time before i ordered the products and delivery was slow i was billed for clothes that i did not receive. After MANY phone calls i got it sorted. I was very dissappointed in the services and the lack of communication with other members. Every time i rang i had to tell the same story again and again. It was sorted.

Babrahams's Response to 55522_thewampster.'s Review

Written on: 22/12/2005

I just love Next and ordering on-line is so easy and it tells you there and then whether items are in stock or not.
<br>
<br>Yes towards Christmas they do sell out of a lot of stuff, but if you order what you want when the catalogue comes out then you are fine. It is to be expected near Christmas that stock is low, and then just after Christmas their sale starts, but if stock is low, it is because the catalogue has been out for 5 months, and all the new stuff is starting to come, so it is to be expected really.
<br>
<br>Staff are always pleasant on the phone, queries are dealt with quickly and pleasantly, so all-round I find them a very good company to deal with.