Sony PSP Review

• Graphics

• Range Of Games

Jonno's review of Sony PSP

Sony PSP

“I bought the Sony PSP - Playstation Portable when I...”

Written on: 08/01/2005 by Jonno (31 reviews written)

Screen Games Graphics Functionality Design

Some Defects

General Comments
I bought the Sony PSP - Playstation Portable when I was in Hong Kong and haven't been able to put it down since. In the value pack box, you get the PSP, headphones, remote control, memory stick, manual, case, wrist strap and charger. I can say that the battery lasts around 7hrs on a full charge, if you are playing games, but of course the battery discharges faster if you are playing videos. I have also downloaded a few mp3s onto the memory stick and have played them with no problem. I have yet to try a converted DVD, but will in the near future. The games are superb and Ridge Racers has brilliant graphics. Not to mention the fantastic screen, which is clear and large. However, there are some defects with my model. The "L" button sometimes gets stuck if I push it hard and also, there is one dust bubble under the screen, although I really had to look for that. All in all, a great piece of machine for a very reasonable price, considering the features. The PSP has a lot of potential, but it depends if anyone will experiment with it. Compared with the DS, the sales war will be close, but I think that the PSP might just edge it with its functionality and design.

• 17 December 2004

Date of Purchase (MM/YY)

• Graphics

• Range Of Games

Jamster1432's Response to Jonno's Review

Written on: 14/02/2005

Thanks for the help
<br>
<br>I've ordered one and can't wait to use it.
<br>
<br>Only thing is if I'm getting a japanese one (as I am going to Japan soon so I will get one then) will it work in england?

Written on: 25/04/2006

Hi there paven, the PSP you should receive is a Japanese version. All the games bought in UK are compatible as they are region free. As for the movies, I believe that both countries are of region 2, so the movies should work. And for the MP3s you download onto your memory stick, they will definitely work!

235575_Paven's Response to Jonno's Review

Written on: 24/03/2006

hello, i am going to buy a psp from www.liksang.com, it is in hong kong, will the games, movies, mp3's and work in england. I am worried if it will or not?

Written on: 21/02/2005

Cool, I'm glad your enjoying your PSP and Japan. Laugh out loud, I can remember going to Japan as a kid. It was really cool, but at least it's snowing here in London! Thanks for replying and enjoy!!

Jamster1432's Response to Jonno's Review

Written on: 20/02/2005

Thanks dude I'm in Japan now loving the PSP. I actually purchased one in Hong Kong and the pack you get with it is brilliant. I'm in my hotel room on my laptop at the moment (I managed to pull myself away) the time and day here at the moment I am typing this is 05:43, Mon, 21 Feb 2005 (I'm a morning person) there is always someone about here and you can always find somthing to do aswell as gawp at all the new stuff thats out here and not in the UK :-0 some of that stuff is amazing, anyways thanks for replying.
<br>Jamster1432
<br>
<br>(read my other reviews on Mesh Computer Systems)

Written on: 15/02/2005

Hi jamster1432, thanks for taking the time to read my review!!
<br>The Sony PSP that I bought when I was in Hong Kong had actually been imported in from Japan. I have had no problems with playing games so far. According to reports, the PSP is region free with games, meaning that you will be able to play games from anywhere in the world.
<br>
<br>However, if you want to purchase movies to watch on your PSP, they are region locked. But, Japan and UK have the same region, which means you can play movies from Japan and UK on a Japanese PSP.
<br>
<br>Hope this helps, enjoy your trip to Japan and your PSP :)
<br>Jonno