ES Accel Review

• Comfort

• Style

• Perfomance Enhancement

aroe831's review of ES Accel

“I have the ES Accel. It has a strap and the supposed...”

Written on: 06/01/2005 by aroe831 (2 reviews written)

Triple stiched so they dont start falling apart for a while, grip, stlye I suppose. Comes with another pair of laces.

The strap gets in the way, the leather is too stiff and bends into permanent creases sometimes (like on my shoes) in bad areas, like the ollie zones. the "system G2" is bogus and very thin. you'd probably be better of just buy the regular ACCELS and putting your own gel pads in the heel

General Comments
I have the ES Accel. It has a strap and the supposed "system G2" heelpad. The strap does nothing except add a little extra style. Since it sticks out more than the rest of the shoe, it takes all the scraping from heelflip moves which isn't that big of deal except that you might have to shoe goo it when it starts falling apart. The system G2 is some ultra thin pad that you can feel right through. It does nothing in terms of absorbing heavy shock and you are much better off just buying your own gel heel cups and putting them under the shoe liners yourself. also, do not buy the Accels in the "leather". My black leather snake skin pattern pair devoloped a uneven crease in the ollie zone so only my toe and the triangle stiched overlay on the side took the scraping. It's sort of ironic because my right show bent a different way. ALWAYS get the suede version. They are probably just as durable and a lot more flexible. Another wierd thing about the shoes is that you couldn't just go and slip them on, you have to pull them onto your feet. I think the leather around the whole shoe makes it too stiff and doesnt allow for easy access. It doesn't really matter though. I bought the shoes off a website for 63 dollars. The shoes don't come with lace guards but laces tearing was not at all a problem for me. One kind of frayed so moved it over some and its fine. Go with the regular accels in suede. I would only recommend to a friend in the regular version and skip the cheap gimmicks of the PLUS.

• Comfort