Taba, Hyatt Regency Hotel Review

rvincent's review of Taba, Hyatt Regency Hotel

“I've been to Egypt a number of times but this was my...”

Written on: 05/01/2005 by rvincent (1 review written)

Good value for money, guaranteed weather, excellent hotel layout, good pools, clean and comfortable accomodation.

Buffet food is not 5 star, more 3-4 star, drinks are expensive (especially for Egypt) and there are no local restaurants/shops to choose from.

General Comments
I've been to Egypt a number of times but this was my first visit to Taba. The Hyatt Regency Hotel was well presented but I would say it was more 4 than 5 star...however it is the best hotel in Taba. Don't let that put you off though because the price of the holiday compensates! We had a sea and lagoon view room which gave great views and good, clean accommodation. The food in the seafood restaurant is good but expensive but a welcome alternative to the buffet which is no worse than I've had elsewhere but can be very busy at times.

I have recommended the Hyatt to a friend who loved it! Great snorkelling off the jetty, great weather - the sea breeze meant that August didn't feel too hot.

Tips - take some duty free booze for the room, try the seafood restaurant, try the Marriott's Italian restaurant, do the snorkelling, choose your time when you visit the buffet.