Palm Tungsten E Review

• Battery Life

elc's review of Palm Tungsten E

☆☆☆☆☆
Palm Tungsten E

“Trash. The Palm Tungsten E is now trash. Totally...”

Written on: 31/12/2004 by elc (1 review written)

Price

Unreliable. Terrible battery, service, technical support. Machine will not reset (hard or soft), data continually lost, needs to be reformated. Basically it is trash.

General Comments
Trash. The Palm Tungsten E is now trash. Totally unreliable. I'm on my 3rd one in 12 months and I'm literally throwing it in the bin. I will NEVER purchase another product from Palm -- and I was a loyal customer with a Palm IIIc I used for years. Two TEs were replaced after fighting with the company (after they deigned to finally talk with me). One replacement I paid nearly the cost of the original machine for -- (should have bought a better device to start with), the second was within the 90 day warantee of the repaird machine(90 days!! there's confidence in your products, eh?). I bought the machine for business use on the road. Problem is machine battery dies in a short time, used or not used, little/no warning re it's demise, and unless you get the machine recharged in a very short time (hours) the whole thing goes... and will NOT recharge, reset, or anything. To recharge on the road you have tobuy more equipment and since this machine does not have a universal connector, you have to buy the special stuff for TE. ChaChing! Then if, you are lucky enough to catch it it time and not have the whole product die completely, you have to reset, reformat, and reinstall all programs and data. If you don't catch it in time, it does not charge, does not reset and sits on your desk collecting dust. Total trash. Save your money. Avoid headaches and buy from another company.

• Screen Quality