The Getaway: Black Monday Review

• Addiction Level

• Graphics

bowf's review of The Getaway: Black Monday

The Getaway: Black Monday

“I enjoyed the first Getaway, so I looked forward to...”

Written on: 17/12/2004 by bowf (7 reviews written)

Great graphics Good gameplay Proper adult langauge!

Stealth chapters are boring

General Comments
I enjoyed the first Getaway, so I looked forward to The Getaway: Black Monday. I wasn't disappointed, although that is not to say it isn't without fault.

The graphics are great. I would imagine anyone who knows their way around London would find it especially exciting. Even if you don't know your way around London it's still fun roaring around and spotting landmarks.

The gamplay is great as well.

The langauge made me laugh out loud. Proper adult langauge that you would hear from these 'dodgy' characters in real life adds to the atmosphere of the game.

I finished it quite quickly but that is a reflection of the fact I used to make excuses to play it.

My only real complaint about this game is that the female character is boring and pointless. You must resort to stealth as she has no fighting ability at all, not even when cornered.

This makes the stages involving this character drag on and on and you wish them out of the way.

The movies in between stages can grate as well, especially if you keep having to watch them over and over as you fail chapters.

• Graphics