Whirlpool S25BRSS31 Review

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

michaelx8's review of Whirlpool S25BRSS31

“I bought the Whirlpool S25BRSS31 in February for...”

Written on: 13/12/2004 by michaelx8 (1 review written)

Size Style Sturdiness Internal lighting

Breakdown Lack of support Unbelieveable delay to repair

General Comments
I bought the Whirlpool S25BRSS31 in February for £1690, then waited 8 weeks for it to arrive. It came and conquered - we have 3 children and it was amazing to have space left in the fridge even after stuffing it with a weeks shopping and enough beer and wine to dissolve a liver.

Then it stared to go wrong, the alarm would sound a lot, then the ice maker packed up, then the whole fridge became a warm-ish cupboard with nice lights in side.

Machines fail, so I was not unduly upset; yet. I never realised how long it would be out of service you see, always thinking this was the last week of warm butter rancid bacon and lumpy milk.

The engineer could not fix it, new circuit board, he said. 4 or 6 weeks later he came to fit the board, we had to wait 24 hours for it to settle down - and it turned out that that was not the problem, as it didn't settle down. The fault was being identified by a process of elimination rather than diagnosis. We ran out of things to eliminate long before Whirlpool's fisers ran out of reasons why they should take another look....we had 4 repairs visits I think.

To cut a very long story short, I ended up getting my money back from Alders, the junior staff were awful ("you can have a refund but only after we have collected the machine, no we cannot confirm when we will be able to collect the machine") but the senior guy was great ("I understand, you've completely lost faith in the whoile things, I'll get your money refunded this afternoon"). Hosting a combination summer party without ANY refrigeration, we had 4 attempts at fixing the thing, Whirlpool were totally uninterested in our problems - totally, it was quite breathtaking really.

When the guys came to remove it, they couldn't, there were only 2 of them. When the So Solid crew came to remove it, they ended up busting it virtually to bits getting it out of here - it's BIG, and was partially unassembled when delivered. There was something really tragic about watching it beign taken off for scrap, it's door bashing against the path as it was taken up the front garden.

Whirlpool now offer a new model. I like whirlpool fridges, hate their attitude, I would rather find something else to buy but can't see anything I prefer so at the moment we have a £50 second hand fridge from the charity shop and a similar freezer. I have not asked whirlpool for any compensation, their attitude was so awful that I don't really relish dealing with them.

• 1 - 6 months

Owned Product For:

• Style

• Service & Support

Barbarella's Response to 179482_michaelx8's Review

Written on: 10/05/2005

i was looking for reviews here, as due to a change of kitchen the large whirlpool fridge/freezer has to go in favour of two side by side with a worktop on top. just wanted to say that my whirlpool was excellent for many years, only prob was it was too cold even on minimum setting!. when i needed new seals a very pleasant nicky clarke lookalike arrived, I hope for a free cut and style, to be thrown in, but i must say he fitted new seals promptly and efficiently.