Harman Kardon HK670 Review

• Sound Quality

Chris99's review of Harman Kardon HK670

Harman Kardon HK670

“I have been using the Harman Kardon HK670 amplifier...”

Written on: 11/12/2004 by Chris99 (3 reviews written)

Good quality of assembly, clever design.

Front panel looks like a toy, bass quality really below harman/kardons name.

General Comments
I have been using the Harman Kardon HK670 amplifier for 5 months. The best thing of hk670 is its weight(joke!). I have used hk670 with the CD players harman/kardon HK750, marantz CD67mkII, Yamaha CDX496, Denon DCD 480, Denon DCD860 and JBL speakers TLX600(they are cheap, but not bad at all, s-91db!). Before I had another model of harman/kardon amplifier HK630 - small wonder in comparison with this poor fellow HK670. The HK670 sounds smooth and maybe even enjoyable, but there is nothing to compare with legendary models of the famous Harman/Kardon. Where is the drive in music, where is the energy, where is the perfect bass of Harman/Kardon? They are simply not there... My little HK630 performs the music with aplomb, very amazing! The strangest thing is that HK670 has more clever design, but sounds quite un-interesting to me, its simply not Harman/Kardon at all. Anyway I am remaining the fan of Harman's Bass and will be waiting the next model after HK670, HK675 models. I hope the Harman/Kardon will not forget its golden models HK6550, HK680, HK630...

• Sound Quality