Casio Exilim EX S2 Review

• Image Quality

ezusbo.'s review of Casio Exilim EX S2

Casio Exilim EX S2

“This is my run-around camera, intended to store...”

Written on: 23/11/2002 by ezusbo. (1 review written)

Size and resolution. Good on-camera controls. Faithful colour reproduction. Built-in exposure compensation. Timer shot. Rechargeable lithium polymer battery.

Picture button and power button are too close together. No through the lens framing. No zoom.

General Comments
This is my run-around camera, intended to store documented evidence if somebody goes into the back of my car on a dark night with no witnesses. Having said that, it is highly functional, and takes more than average pictures in most conditions. You don't buy this camera to take professional pictures. However, for this price (or any price), this is the ONLY credit card sized camera I could find which has a built in LCD viewer AND 2 Megapixel resolution AND a rechargeable Lithium battery. Would have been nicer if it could zoom, but then it would have been more expensive and not credit card sized. You even have the option of an MP3 player with the M2 model. You have to decide when you buy the camera whether you want the MP3 player, as it is NOT possible to upgrade to it afterwards.

• Image Quality

N3Og3O.'s Response to ezusbo.'s Review

Written on: 02/04/2003

I would like to know about the quality for picture shot AT NIGHT. I never seen any review ANYWHERE about the nightShot picture quality. Is it very BAD? or just okay?
<br>
<br>Thank you

85330_Ezusbo.'s Response to ezusbo.'s Review

Written on: 02/04/2003

You should not seriously use this camera for night shots. If you just want party snaps, it should be OK at close range. This is due to inadequate flash power and no manual ISO settings. I used it once for night shots and more or less had to throw away every single shot, but this is because I want to store my photos in an album. The camera is only acceptable in optimal lighting conditions, in my opinion. Having said that, night shots are notoriously difficult to get right, my other camera is a Canon D60, and I still get rubbish night shots at times with it too (you could argue it is me, not the camera).